Insurance Funded Contracts
- The contract for funding is separate and apart from the contract for funeral goods and services.
- A number of insurance companies are licensed to sell final expense insurance policies in Saskatchewan and are regulated by the Superintendent of Insurance through the Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan.
- If you purchase an insurance policy to fund your prearranged funeral expenses, you are not buying a guaranteed prepaid funeral as defined by the Funeral and Cremation Services Act (FCSA) and would not have the protections afforded by the Prepaid Funeral Services Assurance Fund.
- The insurance policy purchased is protected and you can consult your insurance provider for the details.
- It is your choice to choose to assign the benefits of this policy to a funeral provider and this assignment can be changed at any time.
© Copyright 2017 Funeral and Cremation Services Council of Saskatchewan. All Rights Reserved.