Why & What I Need to Know
For a number of very good reasons, many individuals and couples are preplanning their funerals and other end of life arrangements.
- The process can be straightforward and orderly with the support of industry professionals and the input of your spouse or family.
- You can leave a clear, documented plan to be executed by your executor or authorized decision maker. You should clearly discuss all wishes and decisions with your executor.
- Preplanning can save your family from making difficult choices in a time of grief. It is a thoughtful gesture that will be appreciated.
- Leaving significant financial decisions to your loved ones can be unnecessarily stressful.
- The services or other decisions will be as you want them, providing you with peace of mind.
- You have a variety of prefunding options that include placing funds in trust or insurance. You can also pre-plan now and pay at need.
- When prefunding by trust, the appreciation or growth in the account is a tax free benefit.
- Any pre-arrangements made with a funeral home in Saskatchewan can be cancelled at any time and are fully transferrable.
- The future supply of funeral goods and services can be guaranteed at today’s prices or you can pre-fund any amount now as a deposit towards future costs.
- Any contracts or prearrangements made with a funeral home are separate from those you may wish to procure regarding burial or interment.