Funeral and Cremation Services Council of Saskatchewan
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Council Office, Regina
Synopsis of Minutes
Todd Lumbard, Chairperson; Phil Fredette, Vice-Chairperson; Jeff Ofstie; Raymond Bailey; Betty Anne Stevenson; David Grambo; Allan Higgs; Jerry Borkowsky; Sandy Mahon, Registrar
Eric Greene, Acting Superintendent of Funeral and Cremation Services
Minutes taken by:
Raymond Bailey left meeting at 11:00 a.m.
Council was advised that 1 complaint has been received in 2013 and the matter has been concluded to the satisfaction of the complainant. Twelve compliance reviews have been conducted to date in 2013.
A motion was passed to approve revisions to:
- 2012 – License Reinstatement
- 2014 – Professional Development
- 4020 – Registrar’s authority to sign cheques
- 4350 – Education and Professional Development Committee
- 6050 – Revisions of Funds in Trust/Annual Reports
- 9000 – Late Fee Penalty
- 8 – Order of Transfer of Prepaid Funds
- 30 – License Application for an Embalmer and/or Funeral Director License
Council was advised the next meeting of the Legislative Committee will be held on February 25, 2013.
A motion was passed to approve the December 2012 Revenue & Expense Report as presented.
A motion was passed to accept the recommendation of the Education and Professional Development Committee for the cost of the DVD and the attendance at the Spring Symposium to be established at $175.
Council was advised that an Order in Council was approved and ordered on February 7, 2013 to cancel the appointments of Jerry Borkowsky, Regina; Allan Higgs, Regina; Betty Anne Stevenson, Saskatoon & Marlene Nedelcov, Weyburn as members of the Funeral and Cremation Services Council.
The Order in Council announced the appointments to Council of Agnes Ewen, Kelvington; Nancy Kirk, Climax; Eleanor Shumay, Yorkton and Robert Volk, White City, effective March 1, 2013.
The following changes were made to the Committees of Council:
- Audit/Finance Committee – David Grambo, Chairperson
- Communications Committee – Jeff Ofstie, Chairperson
- Legislative Committee – Jeff Ofstie, Chairperson
- Effective this date, the Chairperson’s position on the Discipline Panel Pool and Investigation Panel Pool is not required
A motion was passed to change the name of the Legislative Committee to the Legislative & Governance Committee in order to reflect the amalgamation of the two committees.
There will be an orientation for the newly appointed members of Council on March 27, 2013 and the next meeting of Council will be held on March 28, 2013.
In the interest of timely disclosure, this synopsis of Council Minutes is posted for your information only. This is a summary only and is not to be used in place of the office version. Official Council Minutes are not created until the transcript of the minutes is reviewed and adopted by Council at a subsequent monthly meeting. To inquire into any matter arising from this summary, please contact the Registrar.