December 9, 2021 Council Synopsis of Minutes
Funeral and Cremation Services Council of Saskatchewan
Thursday, December 9, 2021
3915 Albert St.
Room: Sherwood House
Synopsis of Minutes
Present: Shannon Leson, Vice-Chairperson; Robert Volk; Nancy Kirk; Scott Moffat; Sandy Mahon; Colin Bachynski, Registrar; Kim Eberts, Assistant Registrar and Compliance Officer
Present by Zoom/Teleconference: Dustin Hall, Chairperson; Mark Muir; Don Sheppard; Amanda Starosta; Chelsea Krentz; Denny Huyghebaert, Deputy Superintendent of Funeral and Cremation Services
Regrets: Gay Patrick
Minutes taken by: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge, Office Administrator
At the commencement of the meeting, an in-camera meeting was held.
Council was advised that three complaints were received since the last meeting of Council with one being concluded and four matters having been referred to an Investigation Committee. Eighty-three compliance reviews have been conducted to date.
The following motions were passed by Council:
- That the Human Resources Committee recommends to Council to change the position title formerly Administrative Assistant to that of Office Administrator and forward to the Legislative & Governance Committee for possible changes to Governance and Bylaws.
- To accept the Legislative & Governance Committee’s recommendation to Council, the revisions of bylaw 8020, and the creation of Form 62.
– Bylaw 8020 – Cremation Container Procedures
– Form 62 – Hazardous Materials for Cremation
- To accept the revisions to bylaws 1000, 5010, 5020 and 6080 as presented by the Legislative & Governance Committee.
– 1000 – Definitions
– 5010 – Falls under Part V – Investigation Committee
– 5020 – Preliminary Evaluation
– 6080 – Restricted Access to Annual Prepaid Reports
- To accept the October 2021 Revenue & Expense Reports as presented.
- Any in-person event held by Council, where virtual options are offered, those attending in person must be fully vaccinated.
- Council recommends the administrative staff review the Preceptor and Mentor program for Council’s approval.
The next meeting of Council will be held on Thursday, January 27th, 2022.
In the interest of timely disclosure, this synopsis of Council Minutes is posted for your information only. This is a summary only and is not to be used in place of the office version. Official Council Minutes are not created until the transcript of the minutes is reviewed and adopted by Council at a subsequent monthly meeting. To inquire into any matter arising from this summary, please contact the Registrar.