Funeral and Cremation Services Council of Saskatchewan
Thursday, March 31, 2022
Synopsis of Minutes
Present by Zoom: Dustin Hall, Chairperson; Shannon Leson, Vice-Chairperson; Don Sheppard; Amanda Starosta; Chelsea Krentz; Mark Muir; Nancy Kirk; Robert Volk; Gay Patrick; Scott Moffat
Staff present by Zoom: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge, Office Administrator; Kim Eberts, Assistant Registrar and Compliance Officer; Colin Bachynski, Registrar
Guests: Clint Ceholski, CPA CA
At the commencement of the meeting, an in-camera meeting was held.
Council was advised that one complaint was received since the last meeting of Council. Two complaints have been concluded and there are currently five matters sitting before Investigation Committees. There has been one compliance review conducted since the last meeting of Council.
The following motions were passed by Council:
- Approve the ‘Administration Review of the Mentor and Preceptor/Sponsor Program’ as forwarded by the Legislative & Governance Committee.
- Approve Policy 2022-20 ‘Mentor and Preceptor/Sponsor Program – Guidelines and Best Practices’ as forwarded by the Legislative & Governance Committee.
- Accept the Legislative & Governance Committee’s recommendation to move forms 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 50, 50(B), 51, 52, 53, and 60 to the secure side of the FCSCS website.
- Accept the Legislative & Governance Committee’s recommendation that Regulatory Fee Submissions be remitted electronically only, after the first quarter of 2022 reporting period, which is due by April 21, 2022. Council administration to inform all owners, by email, prior to first quarter reporting. Following the first quarter reporting, Form 61 will be removed from the Schedule of Forms.
- Approve the bylaw revisions as presented by the Legislative & Governance Committee.
- Accept the January 2022 Revenue & Expense Reports as presented.
- Accept the 2021 Audited Financial Statements as presented.
- Accept the Communication Committee’s recommendation to move the FCSCS Newsletter from the public side to the secure side of the FCSCS website.
- Accept the Communications Committee recommendation to move forward with an economic rebrand of the FCSCS logo, pending a Trademark search.
The next meeting of Council will be held on Wednesday, April 20th, 2022 – 9:00 a.m.
In the interest of timely disclosure, this synopsis of Council Minutes is posted for your information only. This is a summary only and is not to be used in place of the office version. Official Council Minutes are not created until the transcript of the minutes is reviewed and adopted by Council at a subsequent monthly meeting. To inquire into any matter arising from this summary, please contact the Registrar.